SkyCall Parrot AR Drone Will Guide You To Your Next Class
If you are new to campus, and sometimes even if you aren’t, finding your way to class can be a nightmare.
Well in the future, all you have to do is call a Drone to help you find your way. This is the vision of SkyCall part of a larger development program that is currently underway at Senseable City Lab at MIT.
The premise for SkyCall is to use an autonomous flying quadcopter as a personal tour guide to operate in one of mankind’s most difficult and disorientating labyrinths: MIT campus.
This is how it works:
- You call the Drone using the smartphone app
- The Drone Arrives
- You Tell the Drone Where you are Going
- The Drone Guides You
- Along the way you can press pause or more information on the app
- The Drone will even wait or you if you are too far behind
- The Drone will successfully lead you to your destination
SkyCall may just be an experiment but I can totally see real-life applications in the tourism, navigation and travel sector leveraging SkyCall’s learnings.
What do you think? Would you call a Drone to help you find your way?